Apricot Lane Boutique is currently seeking an Assistant Store Manager for our location in Hoover at Chace Landing.
Apricot Lane is a locally owned, franchise women's fashion boutique filled with branded apparel, accessories, and gifts, catering to our core female customers between 22-40.
We are looking for experienced, fun, fashionable, and talented individuals who are dedicated to delivering a unique and captivating experience to our customers.
The successful assistant store manager will have specialty retail experience, with a strong emphasis on product, customer service, and visual presentation. Store managers are responsible for every aspect of the store. They will lead a team of associates who are motivated to provide a superior level of customer service to maximize sales and profit. They are responsible for meeting and exceeding all given sales goals and expense targets. They must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be an effective problem solver.
• Drive the business results by maximizing daily sales plans, controlling expenses, and improving statistics through floor leadership, and continuous coaching
• Must maintain a high degree of personal integrity, and hire a team with similar values
• Attract, select, train, and retain top talent
• Maintain a visually impressive store, augmenting the company's visual standards with embellishments that complement the uniqueness of the product mix
• Understanding of retail sales and their relationship to inventory levels, with the ability to communicate needs directly to the owner
• Strong working knowledge of labor scheduling
• Protect the physical assets of the store, by conducting weekly audits, and an annual physical inventory
• Evening, weekend, and holiday work required
* Minimum 1-year experience managing a specialty and preferably fashion retail store
* College graduate or 2-year Retail Management degree preferred but not required
* Demonstrated leadership and integrity with experience managing a staff of retail associates
* Strong merchandising and visual skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proactive and creative problem-solving ability
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays.