Snelling is currently recruiting for an experienced Paralegal for a law office in the Birmingham, AL area! The office is a plaintiff personal injury firm, and experience in that field is a huge plus!
Starting Salary: $43,000-52,000, depending on experience
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, M-F
Essential Functions for Paralegal:
- Request, organize, and summarize medical records
- E-file legal documents in state and federal court
- Transcribe legal correspondence and client communications
- Assist in formatting pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents
- Assist and manage written discovery documents
- Provide administrative support to attorneys, including calendaring, docketing, and scheduling
- Organize and manage case files
- Schedule depositions and other meetings
- Manage and coordinate administration of subrogation, Medicaid and Medicare liens
Qualifications Required for Paralegal:
- At least 2 years of experience as a paralegal or legal secretary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience in personal injury, general plaintiffs work, or other injury related practice areas
- Self-starter and highly self-motivated, with proven ability to work with a team of people
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload with a positive attitude and minimal supervision
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Paralegal position should submit their resume for immediate review to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now.
SNELLING is a full-service recruiting firm, placing candidates in temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions in the Jefferson and Shelby County areas for over 70 years. SNELLING is a drug free workplace. All inquiries are strictly confidential, and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us TODAY with confidence!