Serve as liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information in person or by phone as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, interview and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members including loan processing, closing and disbursal. Travel to whichever branch is in need of assistance for the day.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview loan applicants in-person or by-telephone. Assist members with loan application process to ensure completeness of information. Explain the loan process to members to include loan options, insurance on loan products, loan policies, interest rates, payoffs, etc. Process, close and disburse loans.
- Conduct interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member. Open new account products and service existing accounts. Promote and cross-sell products and services based on member need. Set up new account files and provide members with all necessary information for membership and available products and services.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member service and transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone/email general and specific service related information concerning credit union services or policies. Respond to member requests, problems or complaints or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance. May handle more complex questions or problems for other team members.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan payment discrepancies. Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Service Representatives. Maintain an up-todate and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Travel to the designated branch each day. Serves as Teller as needed by branch. Assist Tellers and research and resolve discrepancies.
- Scan daily work and perform such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Ensure that work area is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience - Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
- Education/Certifications/Licenses - High school degree or GED required.
- Interpersonal Skills - Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.